Rowans Hospice Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association. The HLA make a contribution to the GREat Foundation, an organisation promoting responsible gambling. Additional support for problem gambling can also be sought from Gambleaware and Gamcare. Click the images below for more information about responsible gambling:
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem.
It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
• Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
• Avoid chasing losses
• Only gamble what you can afford to lose
• Keep track of the time and amount you spend on gambling
If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK).
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else’s) life, then the following questions may help you find out:
• Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
• Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
• Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
• Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
• Have others ever criticised your gambling?
• Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
• After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
We are aware that members, for personal reasons, may wish to exclude themselves from playing in the Rowans Hospice Lottery. Requests for self-exclusion should be made to the Lottery Officer by using the form below. Such exclusions will be held on record for a minimum of six months and re-entry into the draw will be at the discretion of the Lottery Officer. If you wish to self-exclude, please download and complete the Self-Exclusion Form and return it to us or alternatively, fill out the electronic form below.