Job Title: Physiotherapy Technician
Location: Rowans Hospice, Purbrook
Hours: 18.75 hours (0.5 WTE)
Salary: Band 3 – 4 Development post
Closing date: 14/11/2019
DBS check required? Yes
To apply for this job, please download the application form below and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer us to post you an application form, please call
023 9225 0001.
At Rowans Hospice we honour life and offer hope by providing specialist end of life care of the highest quality. We guide patients and those closest to them through the journey of their illness, supporting them every step of the way.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our existing team to provide support work to patients of Rowans Hospice and Living Well Centre.
- To undertake specific skilled support work to palliative care patients
- Treat patients according to set treatment protocols monitoring patient progression, modifying and progressing patient treatment programmes as required referring back to physiotherapist when goals have been achieved.
- To support the physiotherapists delivering exercise groups in the Living Well Centre.
- Work unsupervised reporting back patient progress and informing physiotherapist of any problems.
- Be responsible for non-professional duties in the provision of physiotherapy services within physiotherapy team.
- Monitor and order stock, mobility aids, supplies for team.
We are looking for the following essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- GCSE level or equivalent to demonstrate literacy, numerical and communication skills.
- NVQ III in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Support or NVQ III in care.
- Minimum of two/three years’ experience as Physiotherapy Assistant/HCSW working in related clinical field.
- Experience in working with exercise groups and/or palliative care
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a large team.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to respond to changing situations
- Awareness of own coping strategies
We offer our committed team:
Back to Jobs
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunity to transfer NHS pension
- Free hot drinks and subsidised hot/cold meals menu.
- On-site parking