If you are a patient you can call us direct on 023 9223 7140/1. Alternatively you can call the main Hospice number 023 9225 0001 and leave a message for our team. The Day Care Manager will then contact you for further discussion. If you are a health professional, please ring either number to contact a member of the Day Care team.
Patients can self-refer or any healthcare professional currently supporting the patient can refer.
Our sessions run from 10am-4pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Patients attend one day a week.
Some of our patients drive themselves or have someone to bring them. For those without transport of their own, our Hospice Volunteer Drivers can collect you in the morning and take you home at the end of the day.
Initially you would be offered a twelve week placement with a review at the ninth week. You will then be informed if a further placement can be offered.
The day is structured around therapeutic treatments and social activities. Our service includes:
- continuous assessment of your needs to help you remain as independent as possible and cope with your illness
- practical advice and information for you and your family
- an opportunity to meet others in similar circumstances
- giving free time to carers to do something for themselves
- opportunities to participate in various activities including creative crafts, gentle exercises, and visiting entertainment
- access to our hospice services, including the Social Work Team, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology Services and spiritual care
- a chance to receive complementary therapy, a manicure or a hair cut
- rest and relaxation in a calm, peaceful environment
Our service is co-coordinated by the Day Care Manager with support from experienced nurses, administrative clerk and hospice volunteers.
Yes. Bring all your medication with you. It will be discussed during your assessment by our Day Care Manager.
No. You will remain under the care of your own GP. However, if your GP requests a review by the Hospice doctor this can be arranged.