Setting up the Namaste Care Programme for your Care Home
The Namaste Care Programme is for staff caring for people with advanced dementia at the end of their lives. It is a structured care programme which integrates compassionate nursing care with meaningful, individualised activities.
£250 for 3 staff members of your Nursing or Care Home
to include all course materials, refreshments and a light lunch
To book a place or for more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowans Hospice, Purbrook Heath Road, Purbrook, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 5RU
Recent Namaste research undertaken by St Christopher's Hospice has shown clear benefits for residents, care staff and family members. No additional staff, space or expensive equipment is required.
The Rowans Hospice is now offering training and support to enable care homes to set up their own Namaste Care Programme.
The workshop and toolkit will enable you to:
- Understand the purpose of the Namaste Care Programme
- Understand the benefits of the Namaste Care Programme for people with dementia, their families, and care staff
- Communicate the vision to the whole care home team
- Lead change in the way the care home team works with people with dementia and their families
- Develop a plan to implement, evaluate and sustain the Namaste Care Programme
The Namaste Care Programme Training Package consists of:
- A full day workshop at St Christopher’s Hospice
- A half-day visit to the care home by a facilitator (within a month of attending a full day)
- A copy of the Namaste Care ‘Toolkit’, a practical step-by-step guide to implementing and sustaining the Namaste Care Programme
Full commitment of the 3 appointed staff members from each home is a requirement to ensure this training is sufficiently embedded. At least 1 of the 3 attending must be within a management role.
Namaste – “to honour the spirit within”