Job Title: Physiotherapy Technician
Location: Purbrook, Hampshire
Closing date: 30/06/2022
DBS check required? No
22.5 hours – 3 days a week (0.6 WTE)
Band 3 – 4 Development post
At Rowans Hospice we honour life and offer hope by providing specialist end of life care of the highest quality. We guide patients and those closest to them through the journey of their illness, supporting them every step of the way.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our existing team to provide support work to patients of Rowans Hospice and Living Well Centre.
- To undertake specific skilled support work to palliative care patients
- Treat patients according to set treatment protocols monitoring patient progression, modifying and progressing patient treatment programmes as permitted referring back to physiotherapist on a daily basis.
- To support the physiotherapists delivering exercise groups in the Living Well Centre and working with patients on the IPU.
- Work unsupervised reporting back patient progress and informing physiotherapist of any problems.
- Be responsible for non-professional duties in the provision of physiotherapy services within physiotherapy team.
- Monitor and order stock, mobility aids, supplies for team.
We are looking for the following essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- GCSE level or equivalent to demonstrate literacy, numerical and communication skills.
- NVQ III in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Support or NVQ III in care.
- Minimum of two/three years’ experience as Physiotherapy Assistant/HCSW working in related clinical field.
- Experience working in a palliative care setting and/or exercise groups
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a large team.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to respond to changing situations within a palliative care setting
- Awareness of own coping strategies in relation to the sensitive and emotive nature of the work
We offer our committed team:
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunity to transfer NHS pension
- Free hot drinks and subsidised hot/cold meals menu.
- On-site parking
For further information and an application pack please contact Peopleservices@rowanshospice.co.uk
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Interview date: TBC
Back to Jobs