We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to be responsible for developing IT Strategy and managing the delivery of IT services across the Hospice.
For 25 years Rowans Hospice Charity has provided specialist hospice palliative care and support to patients with life limiting illnesses, their relatives and carers in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire.
• To lead and manage all IT services across the Hospice Charity, ensuring continual development of the IT strategy in line with strategic goals
• To provide operational IT leadership and guidance to all departments by engaging proactively with clinical and service leaders
• To develop and maintain the Hospice’s shared information system and to oversee the quality and content
• To manage employees within the IT Team, providing guidance and support, completing regular one to ones and KPI reviews
• Data Protection Officer, leading the review of data governance activities via audit and report on remediation activities to the appropriate parties, advising on technical and procedural controls required to reach appropriate levels of data governance maturity. To take responsibility for strategic risks relating to Data Protection.
We are looking for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Specialist knowledge and expertise acquired through degree, professional qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of IT management ideally in a health service
• Substantial experience in data protection; knowledge and understanding of data protection legislation and regulations and how these might apply in database management
• Proven experience of managing a team
• Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality
• Commitment to develop a deep understanding of the Hospice and its core values
Interview: W/c 25 November 2019