Deputy Living Well Centre Manager – Fixed Term of 12 months to cover Maternity Leave.
£35391.30 – £42617.40 per annum FTE
We have an exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident, enthusiastic and highly motivated clinician, who can work as a Deputy Living Well Centre Manager joining the Living Well Centre team here at Rowans Hospice Charity, for a Fixed Term of 12 months to cover Maternity Leave.
The management structure comprises of a Living Well Centre Manager and Deputy Living Well Centre Manager. We are seeking someone who has experience in specialist/palliative care, a professional background of at least five years post qualification and some managerial experience of two years (at least) at Band 6. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge.
The Living Well Centre is a 7 day service, which has continuously developed since its inception. It does not stand still in its efforts to meet patients changing needs and to adapt to the complex climate of care that the community presents. Any successful candidate will be a forward-thinking individual who is passionate both about people cared for by the team and committed to ensuring the growth and stability of the service. We need someone who is dedicated to providing excellent, individualised care.
The successful candidate will ideally have;
· Professional Qualification – Social Work/Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/RGN/ RMN
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to facilitate individualised evidence-based care
· Leadership insight with the evidence of effective team co-ordination skills
· Ability to prioritise work load and be flexible to changing demands
· Ability to share knowledge with others to develop and influence practice
· Well-developed coping strategies
· Good understanding of palliative care principles and philosophy within a therapeutic day services environment.
· Basic pain and symptom control knowledge
In addition to an enjoyable working environment with a charity that makes such a difference to so many people, we offer:
Closing Date: 2 October 2023
Interview Date: 9 October 2023
A brief presentation at interview will be required
Rowans Hospice is committed to ensuring the safety and welfare of all children and vulnerable adults needing our care and support. Subsequently, our recruitment process is thorough, ensuring a consistent and detailed approach to gather information from and about candidates so that all persons appointed are suitable to work with children and vulnerable adults.