Job Title: 1st Line IT Support Technician
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary: Circa £21,000 pa
Closing date: 25/02/2020
DBS check required? Yes
1st Line IT Support Technician
37.5 hours per week
Circa £21,000 pa
For 25 years Rowans Hospice Charity has provided specialist hospice palliative care and support to patients with life limiting illnesses, their relatives and carers in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire.
We are looking for an experienced IT technician to deliver a holistic, effective and professional first line support service to all functions across the Hospice. This post is being advertised as a 37.5 hour per week position, however we will consider both full and part time applications. Please state your preferred hours clearly within your application.
- To be the first port of call for IT related queries, whether received via the telephone, email or in person.
- Ensure user, machine and group information in Active Directory is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure software / hardware information in the Hospice RMM system is kept up-to-date.
- Create / disable and delete user / email accounts as requested.
- Prepare and install new hardware and / or software as required.
- Provide software administration and support.
- Maintain software and updates when required.
- Assist with all office moves, and support changes to IT provisions as appropriate.
- Assist with the installation of shop EPoS system (hardware and software) and provide support where and when necessary.
- Work as directed and overseen by the IT manager on discrete projects which involve developments and design of IT Solutions across the work of Rowans Group in clinical and non-clinical settings.
We are looking for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good ICT knowledge, including networking issues acquired through qualifications to degree or equivalent level or relevant experience.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection legislation
- In depth experience of the full range of Microsoft Office products (including Microsoft 365) as both a user and technician.
- Ability to take on understanding and knowledge of the workings of a number of diverse software packages. (E.g. Crosscare. Kudos. Donorflex)
- Experience of providing support and guidance to others in relation to use of computer software.
- Providing IT support to locations off-site will be a requirement of the role, therefore a full driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential
Closing date: Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 12 noon
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website at www.rowanshospice.co.uk.
Back to Jobs