- 10th November 2017 - 21st November 2017
Join us for an amazing 450km ride through two of South East Asia’s most fascinating countries. The challenge starts in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City and finishes at the world heritage site of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Along the way you will experience breath taking scenery, ancient temples and the warmth of the local people. The cycling will be tough but the support and friends made along the way will create memories that last a lifetime.
When? 10th – 21st November 2017 (unless you want to extend your travels)
Where? Fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and depart Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Day 1 – Overnight flight from London to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Day 2 – Arrive in Ho Chi Minh and transfer to Ben Tre to get settled and have a briefing after dinner
- Day 3 – Ben Tre to Tra Vinh (50kms, approximately 31 miles)
- Day 4 – Tra Vinh to Can Tho (96kms, approximately 60 miles)
- Day 5 – Can Tho to Chau Doc (79kms, approximately 50 miles)
- Day 6 – Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. A day off the bikes to enjoy the journey by boat from Vietnam to Cambodia
- Day 7 – Phnom Penh to Kampong Cham (60kms, approximately 37 miles)
- Day 8 – Kampong Cham – Kompong Thom (110kms, approximately 68.5 miles)
- Day 9 – Kompong Thom to Siam Reap, the home of Angkor Wat (40kms, approximately 24 miles)
- Day 10 – Siam Reap: Angkor Wat/Free Day
- Day 11 – Depart Siam Reap, Cambodia after last minute shopping in the morning
- Day 12 – Arrive back in the UK
Please note this is only the basic information for the challenge! The whole trip has so many sites and wonders, we just can’t list them all here! For the full itinerary, please get in touch.
How much? £299 registration fee.
Once registered, you commit to paying a further £3,200 to meet the minimum sponsorship requirement (of which £1,800 are tour costs*, and £1,400 is a donation to Rowans Hospice).
The £3,200 can be paid in one of three ways – entirely self fund, entirely fundraise, or part self-fund/part fundraise. Whichever way you choose to pay, all funds must be received by 11th September 2017.
*Costs include registration fee, flights, food, accommodation, transfers, guides, medical and technical support and bikes, but does not include airport taxes, fuel surcharge, travel insurance, VISAs and vaccines if needed.
Contact details: Call on 023 9223 7142 or email us at email@example.com