A two day course for qualified nursing staff and senior carers within Nursing and Care Homes. Aims to provide the knowledge and establish ways of embedding the five Priorities of Care for the dying person.
Course dates and timings:
Day 1: Monday 5 February 2018
Day 2: Monday 5 March 2018
09:30 – 16:30
Embedding the Five Priorities of Care for the Dying Person Course Fee:
£60 per person to include all course materials, refreshments and a light lunch
Rowans Hospice, Purbrook Heath Road, Purbrook, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 5RU
Qualified nursing staff and senior carers within Nursing and Care Homes.
Overall learning objectives:
- Demonstrate communication skills that support the well-being of the individual and staff group, and take into consideration any sensory impairment.
- Update and regularly review the delivery of care and relevant documentation depending on the individual’s abilities & pain, and recognising when there is a change other than visual.
- Recognise symptoms that individuals may be experiencing; other than that of their diagnosed medical condition.
- Develop strategies and resources to use and deliver EOLC tools.
- Be able to recognise the impact that loss has on individuals and how to offer support.
"There are areas highlighted to me that it are very important to consider and take into consideration when dealing with terminally ill/dying patients"
"Will give me more confidence when talking to residents and their families"
"It has made me more aware of practices in Palliative Care"
"Helps me to understand what needs to be done in regards to EOL and Palliative Care"