Domiciliary Care Training Supporting those at End of Life
Led by: Jill Short, Nurse Specialist & Education Lead
We believe in giving people and their families a voice by working together and listening to their needs. This one day workshop aims to support Domiciliary Care workers to aim to provide care of the highest quality and develop & shape services for the future.
Domiciliary Care Training Course date:
Monday 12 March 2018
09:30 – 16:00 (both dates).
£25 per person.
to include all course materials, refreshments and a light lunch
Rowans Hospice, Purbrook Heath Road, Purbrook, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 5RU
Domiciliary Care workers who support and care for people, and their families, who are approaching end of life or have Palliative Care needs.
This workshop will:
- Identify the levels of communication skills required to communicate effectively with a person at the end of life, establish their needs and determine their preferences.
- Offer practical skills when dealing with difficult conversations.
- Explain the dying process and common signs and symptoms observed during end of life for staff providing care to a dying person.
- Consider best practice when caring for people during the dying process in respect to personal care, oral care, fluids and nutrition.
- Demonstrate how multi-agency working can achieve the best possible outcomes for the dying person.
- Describe what Advance Care Planning is and how to evaluate current methods of internal and multi-disciplinary communication & documentation in End of Life Care.
- Establish methods of person-centred care which observe and respect what is important to a person during the dying process.
"I feel it reminded me about aspects of good communication and understanding"
"Trainer was excellent"
To book a place or for more information please contact: email@example.com