Activities for remembering
There are many ways to maintain a special relationship with someone who has died but it is important that you only do what feels right for you. Below we suggest some activities you may find helpful.
- Talk about the person with others, especially friends and relatives.
- Visit somewhere special that had meaning for both of you.
- Don’t be afraid to talk aloud to the person.
- Write a poem or letter expressing your thoughts, feelings and memories.
- Take some time to put all those photographs together.
- Memory boxes can be a good way to stay connected. They are particularly useful for children but work just as well for adults.
- Be kind to yourself and don’t feel you need to rush your grief.